Saturday, September 19, 2009

So far this weekend

Just a little late night update. Today (Saturday) we got up and went to a place close by called 'Bookcity' which is basically a Chapters times 4 or 5. It's a five story book store that is also a music store, art supply store, and electronic store ....but mainly books. Every larger store in china has basically everything in it, no matter what it's specialty is. Every other store is what we like to call ' a hole in the wall' about the size of a small one car garage that sells only one or two main things. These tiny stores are EVERYWHERE...no seriously and they are sidebyside in every corner of the city. And they all pretty much sell the same things (bags or girls clothing or shoes or sunglasses). you know the basics in shopping. Anywho, Greg was on the lookout for a cheap guitar he could play while he was here and I was on the lookout for art supplies. I found LOADS of things to buy, Greg however was disapointed. He has found a store nearby that he thinks he can get a pretty good guitar at, so we'll probably look there again in the next few days. Myself, I was pretty overwhlemed with Bookcity. It had so many things I wanted to buy! I controlled myself though and only bought things for my classroom. It was a great morning and ended it off with a late lunch at a Thai restaurant (Which is probably now one of my favorite places to eat in the whole world). I will take anyone there if they come visit. Yum! Tomorrow our plans are to go visit a really neat park and temple that is an hour bus ride. We'll take lots of pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh Chap! It sounds like you're getting along so well have having the time of your life, although I would expect nothing less from you :). I love the blog and love the pics, keep it up! You sound like you're handling everything so well and now that I've gotten a first glimpses into the world of education, I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed!! I hope everything continues to go well and that you continue to update us!

    xoxo, Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop taking so long inbetween posts...I need to be updated on the happenings of your life, it eases the pain of you being gone :( haha

    So yea, write more :)

    LOVE YOU!

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete