Monday, September 28, 2009

Vacation Soon

China is about to celebrate one of its National holidays. "The National Day of the People's Republic of China is celebrated every year on October 1. It is a public holiday in the People's Republic of China to celebrate its national day. The National Day is celebrated throughout mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau with a variety of government-organized festivities, including fireworks and concerts. Public places, such as Tiananmen Square in Beijing, are decorated in a festive theme." This year is the 60th anniversary, so I presume it will be big. At school we have a whole week off start Thursday. We only come back for a PD day on Friday so the students have a week and a half off school.

Greg and I have decided to join in on a staff trip to Guilin and Yangshu China. We take an hour flight there on Thursday morning and will be gone for 6 days. There are 11 of us travelling together so far and the trip looks to be very exciting. We have already booked a 6 hours book cruse down one of China's prettiest rivers so pretty that the mountains we are passing have been printed on their 20 dollar bill. We will also have the opportunity to go hiking, cave exploring, biking and of course shopping. It should be quite adventurous. I will try and bring my laptop so I can keep everyone updated on our excursion.

To see some pictures of Guilin check out this website…
http://www.chinatravel.com/photos/tags/guilin/related-links/index-2.htm

and here are some for Yangshuo…
http://www.chinatravel.com/album/showsearch.asp

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thats awesome you have a week off already and get to go on an awesome trip! I'm totally jealous and I look forward to seeing pictures :)

    Miss you, love you!
    xoxo
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete