Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We have arrived!

We have both made it safe and s0und! No need to panic. Our flight was unbelievably long and Jessica was able to sleep for most of the flight. Greg however had no room to enjoy a snooze. After getting off the plane in Hong Kong we made our way to the ferry and was greeted in Shenzhen by some of our staff. Our first day in Shenzhen was spent having a small tour of the campus, checking out our much bigger than expected room. Jessica was able to see her art room, which is quite big and is currently full of packed boxes of art supplies. A few of our NB staff took us out to eat at this great korean pub...that looks nothing like a nb pub. It looked more like a chic restaurant. It was fully furnished by IKEA. The food was great and dirt cheap. Afterwards our friends asked us if we wanted to have our hair washed....this was an odd request, however we decided to follow. Apparently for 2.50$ Canadian you can have your hair massaged/washed for over 10 minutes followed by a full body message. Greg even trusted them enough to get a hair cut...well actually he couldn't figure out how to tell them not to cut his hair, so they did. We slept soundly last night on our hard as rock bed and were both us early this morning to have our Chinese physical done at the hospital. That was quite thorough. An hour in a Chinese hospital is equivalent to 2 months of appointments in Bathurst. We had an x-ray, bloodwork, dental, EKG, urine sample, blood pressure, eye exam, ear exam and an ultrasound...even Greg. If any of you are curious neither of us are pregnant! Woot. Greg thinks they are after our kidneys, lol. We have figured out how to get on facebook and hook up our computer. The rest of the day will be full of cleaning the artroom and a trip to the Chinese Bank. It is nap time again for Jessica.

3 comments:

  1. Just in case - what blood type are you guys?
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Greg's O- and I'm A+...don't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to get the same physical done, but I did it here in Bathurst. I hope I don't have to do it again when I get there! It only took me a day too! I can't wait to get to Beijing. I'm so glad to see that you have access to your blogs and facebook!! I added your blog link to mine. P.S. as an English teacher I can't help myself; description should said 'their overseas adventure' not 'there'.

    ReplyDelete