Friday, December 18, 2009

We made it safe and sound in Bangkok last night at 2am. We had a long three hour flight, or at least it seemed long because my seat wouldn't lend back and I wanted to sleep. I had to sleep sitting straight upright, I think I pulled something in my neck along the way, but the pain is gone now. In Thailand there is a bit of a time difference when it's 10pm in Bathurst it's 9am here. So take off an hour and change am to pm. We stayed last night at a little hostel called 'Take a nap'. I'm up early here now and decided I would use the free internet service. We had to fight with the cabbi last night about putting on his meter (he wanted to charge us a flat rate, but we didn't trust him). In the end we paid almost the same amount using the taxi meter as we would have with his offer. We had a good laugh about that. We leave again tonight from Bangkok to go to Chiang Mei for the next few days. Our elephant orphanage day is tomorrow and I'm REALLY REALLY excited about it. I promise to take lots of pictures. Speaking of pictures, Greg got me a new digital camera for Christmas! It's really nice, 10 megapixel, and can go UNDERWATER up to 3 meters!! So I can take it to the beach without worrying about it. Or leave it out in the rain at the beach lot. hahaha. Anywho we had a great small Christmas opening in our room and thank everyone for the parcels and packages that were sent. Hopefully finding internet will this easy throughout the whole trip and we can update you often.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun little girl!! Tell the heffalumps we say hi back here in moose filled Canada haha :P

    PS-I sent you an email...check it out

    Jen

    ReplyDelete